The official Gmail app brings the best of Gmail to your iPhone or iPad with robust security, real-time notifications, multiple account support, and search that works across all your mail.
With the Gmail app, you can:
• Make Gmail your default email app on iOS
• Automatically block more than 99.9 percent of spam, phishing, malware, and dangerous links from ever reaching your inbox
• Undo send, to prevent embarrassing mistakes
• Turn on Google Chat to connect, create and collaborate with others
• Get more done as a group in spaces - a dedicated place for organizing people, topics, and projects
• Enjoy high quality video calling with Google Meet
• Respond to emails quickly with Smart Reply suggestions
• Switch between multiple accounts
• Get notified of new mail fast, with notification center, badge, and lock screen options
• Search your mail faster with instant results, predictions as you type, and spelling suggestions
• Organize your mail by labeling, starring, deleting, and reporting spam
• Swipe to archive/delete, to quickly clear out your inbox
• Read your mail with threaded conversations
• Auto-complete contact names as you type from your Google contacts or your phone
• Respond to Google Calendar invites right from the app
Gmail is part of Google Workspace, allowing you and your team to easily connect, create, and collaborate. You can:
• Connect with coworkers via Google Meet or Google Chat, send an invite in Calendar, add an action to your task list, and more without leaving Gmail
• Use suggested actions — like Smart Reply, Smart Compose, grammar suggestions, and nudges — to help you stay on top of work and take care of simple tasks, so you can be more efficient with your time
• Stay safe. Our machine learning models block more than 99.9% of spam, phishing, and malware from reaching our users
Stay on top of the work that matters with Gmail, part of Google Workspace. With secure email as the foundation, you can also chat, collaborate with a group in spaces or make voice or video calls - all in one place.
Ratings and Reviews
Simple, I like it that way
For those who want a simple approach to the online world, this is the app for you. As I’ve heard others say, this very product designed by google has simply become the standard in the way email websites are presented today. There’s no doubt about it. The interface, I would say, is user friendly. The app itself is fast and from my time using it, I have experienced no bugs (that’s not to say they don’t exist, however.)
There’s one minor inconvenience and I’m not even sure if this is a google classroom issue or a gmail issue. I use this service for schooling, and I rely on it much more these days because of the current state of the world, and consequently I have to do online schooling. Gmail and classroom don’t work together. I’ll receive an email hours after the assignment itself has been posted, so at times I’m not in the loop as to what I need to have turned in. When I do receive an email for classroom, I’ll tap the “open” button and it doesn’t take me directly to the assignment/announcement. All it does is open the app so now I have to dig through classroom to find it.
Regardless, this app is great and if you want a simple approach to email, this app is the way to go.
Gmail is good.
The app asked me to leave a review. It’s email and it works so, yeay, I’m so psyched about Gmail, woo. What can I say except that it sends email AND, wait for it, this is the good part…………..it can RECEIVE email as well. *mind blown* (insert mouthy explosion sounds here). They added chat to be in the same interface and I don’t like that but I’ll probably get used to it just like everything else. Heck, I thought that I would never text anyone when iPhones first came out but look at me now, typing away this long message all on a tiny little device in my hands. Typing class in high school never reviewed what it would be like to only use your thumbs and to not really worry about spelling because of autocorrect. Well that should be enough. Why are you reading this far down, there’s nothing down here. Even a bigger quandary is why you felt the need to read a review of an email program, app, whatever. You should really just stop and go get a pumpkin spice latte, yes, it’s that time of year again, the pumpkin spice everything is coming and you can’t stop it. Why would you anyway, it’s delicious, what’s wrong with you? Do you hate people so much that you don’t want them to enjoy a frothy overly sweet Pumpkin Spice Frapp from your favorite mermaid stimulant chain store? That’s just sad, go hold a puppy for a while and get yourself in a better place.
I’ve come all the way here to leave a review
The fact that I’ve gone out of my way to review an email app should say something. Why on earth can you not select all to delete mass emails through the app? It’s infuriating. I am rarely on my own desktop or laptop at home. I spend most of my online time at the office. And for some ridiculous reason, my company is extremely paranoid about gmail and has it completely blocked. Thus, I cannot log into my personal email through my work computer. I can only use my phone. But can I quickly select multiple/all emails in my junk folders to delete them at once through the app? No, I cannot. I have to select each one individually, which takes roughly a million years. Because I, like I’m sure a lot of people who have been using the same email since they were a teenager, have thousands upon thousands of junk emails sent to me every hour. So, to quickly and efficiently clean and organize my inbox, I must log into my email on my desktop at home in the evenings while my toddler is screaming at me. But do I do that? Of course not. Who thinks of cleaning their over-cluttered email inbox with their very limited evening free time. So of course, my millions of emails stack in my inbox for months until I can’t take it and eventually attempt to clean it all out, which takes hours, and I inevitably give up, and thus the cycle repeats.
For the love of God, Google. Please add a feature so we can select all in the app and save my sanity.
Developer Response ,
Hello there! Thanks for your comment. It's only possible to delete multiple messages using a computer. Check this article to know more: goo.gl/ZjMxEe. You can also send a feedback to our developers following this steps: Gmail/ Settings/ Feedback. Thank you.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Google LLC
- 372.8 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Basque, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Age Rating
- © Google LLC
- In-App Purchases
- 100 GB $1.99
- 200 GB $2.99
- 100 GB $19.99
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.